- 32 year-old Software/Systems Architect, in Dublin, Ireland
- Currently working as a Production Engineer at Facebook Dublin
- Strong experience with large scale front-end, backend & infrastructure systems
- 11+ years of experience in the software development, 9 in web development
- Got Corporate, Open-Source, Start-Up, Freelance and Trainer experience
- Got a big passion for UX and Product management (check out an app I created)
- Check out my skills, my expertise and my work below:
My skills and expertise
As a Web Software Architect, I help stakeholders transform the product vision into reality.
In order to achieve this, I use knowledge & experience from two dimensions: depth and broadness.
- Depth represents my core specialization: software architecture, programming, algorithms, debugging, optimizing, large scale web front-end/back-end systems, databases, scalability, infrastructure (&AWS), continuous integration/delivery, test automation, Linux and many others.
- Broadness represents topics I’m deeply passionate about, such as: product management, user experience, analytics, machine learning & deep learning, audio programming and many others.
Below you’ll find the tools, languages and frameworks I use:
- Angular JS
- CSS 3
- HTML 5
- Less CSS
Back-end & Infrastructure
- Node JS
- Mongo DB
Process & Activity
- Product developer
- Scrum & Kanban
- Corporate exp.
- Startup exp.
- Freelance exp.
- Trainer exp.
Front-end & Back-end
- ReactJS, AngularJS
- Jasmine & Selenium
- HTML5, CSS3, JS ES6, TypeScript
- MySQL & Postgres
Systems & Infrastructure
- Amazon Web Services
Process & activity
Open source experience (2011-present)
- Contributed to various projects and authored own Open-Source projects on Github
- Github profile: https://github.com/MihaiValentin
- I am the author and lead developer of the Image Pro plugin for WordPress, a open source WordPress plugin - downloaded by over 70 000 users.
- I am the author of Hippotomate (http://mihaivalentin.com/hippotomate/), an open source app that helps QA automation engineers develop and debug their tests.
Corporate experience (2009-present)
- software architecture & software engineering experience with large scale web systems
- DevOps/Systems experience. Built CI/CD pipelines, performance optimization, troubleshooting live issues
- acting as technical topic lead (single point of contact related to a project from the technical point of view)
- focused towards product development (brainstorming with product owners, coming up with ideas, suggesting improvements, rapid user-tests prototyping)
- working in Agile setups
Training experience (2011-present)
- conduct knowledge-sharing sessions inside the company
- share knowledge regarding various topics on my blog (eg. screencasts)
Startup and Freelance experience (2004-2009)
- worked for a startup (where I created WiseHR)
- worked as a freelancer on RentACoder (renamed to VWorker and now to Freelancer.com), performing 14 jobs and got 5/5 maximum rating (profile here)
- worked for various private customers and small business and created apps like this
Here is a selection of relevant projects I’ve done over the time, including the year: